Episode 7 of the Spirituality for Normal People Podcast features an interview with Rev. Germaine Lovelace, minister of First Presbyterian Church in Kenora, Ontario, Canada. Prior to serving in this small town, Germaine ministered in his home country of Jamaica.
Here are some of the topics discussed in the interview:
- The struggle of Church membership in small town, increasingly secular, contexts
- Ministering among the poor and the importance of the Church for the poor in small towns
- The difference in response to the gospel between Jamaican and Canadian contexts
- How serving and connecting with those in need can provide fuel for the spiritual life
- Communicating in other cultures
- Consistent prayer life and devotions to stay grounded in God
- What is means to pray without ceasing
- Prayer as the first place rather than last resort
- Reading a lot of devotionals
- Misconceptions about spirituality – what is it and who is it for?
- What do you do when you don’t “feel” God’s presence?
Links for this Episode
- Email Germaine Lovelace – firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Presbyterian Church, Kenora
- Kenora Fellowship Centre
Get the 6 Tips Guide
So many people struggle with staying consistent in their devotional life. Here are 6 tips I've learned that can help you get back to a consistent time with God. Some are quick and easy, others will take you deeper.
Just let me know where to send it.