This week’s episode is a great practical interview with Author, Speaker, Retreat Leader, and Spiritual Director, Jean Wise. Jean blogs regularly at healthyspirituality.org. You should really check out the tons of posts and resources on her page!
In the course of the interview we discuss:
- What it is like to go on a personal spiritual retreat, including how to prepare for and reflect after a silent retreat.
- The power of journaling
- Writing a Rule of Life
- What is Spiritual Direction and how talking to a Spiritual Director is different than talking to the pastor at your Church.
- How to get out of a spiritual rut
- The importance of support systems
- Focussing on the Next Step in your spiritual walk.
- Remembering to pray and apps that can help you pray.
- The importance of space.
- Living and thriving in the second half of life – Looking at the spiritual needs in retirement years.
Links and Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Jean’s Writing a Rule of Life Series: Essentials – 10 Tips – Resources, Quotes, and Upkeep
- Jean’s Books available on Amazon
- Using IFTTT to remember to pray – “If it is 12: 30 then text me a reminder to pray”
- Echo Prayer Manager
- Prayer Journaling: Styles and Examples (from Renovare)
Get the 6 Tips Guide
So many people struggle with staying consistent in their devotional life. Here are 6 tips I've learned that can help you get back to a consistent time with God. Some are quick and easy, others will take you deeper.
Just let me know where to send it.